Grass Fed Meat Stew with Sweet Potatoes
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
March 6th, 2019
A flavourful, healthy and hearty dish that’ll help get you through that last stretch of winter. The aromas, ingredients and outstanding taste are sure to leave you warm and satisfied.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Cook Time: 1 1/2 Hrs Prep Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 45 Mins
- 1 1⁄2 to 2 pounds boneless grass beef stewing beef
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or left over red wine
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Heat a large pot to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbs of olive oil then add the onions, garlic and the rosemary and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the stewing beef chunks and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the stock/broth into the pot then add red wine vinegar.
- Cover and cook on medium low for 1 hour. Taste small pieces of the meat towards the end of cooking time to see if it has softened a bit.
- Add the sweet potato at the hour mar and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.