Fresh Sautéed Kale Side Dish
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
July 10th, 2019
Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet and a fantastic side to boot.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 10 Mins
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed, dried and chopped
- Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large sautéed pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and chili flakes and sauté for a minute or two. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the kale in batches and more olive oil to coat all the leaves.
- Once all the kale is added to the pan, cover and sauté for 5 minutes.