Creamy Vegan Potato Leak Soup
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 17th, 2018
This soup couldn’t be easier to make and it’s just perfect to warm you up on those cold winter days. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top for a lovely healthy dinner!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Servings Per recipe: 4-6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 16 minutes Total time: 26 minutes
- 4 potatoes
- 1 large leek
- 3 cloves garlic
- 0.5 liter vegetable stock
- 0.5 liter water, or more if needed
- Salt, pepper to seasoning
- Parsley to seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Cut leek in half length-wise and wash thoroughly between leaves. Drain and cut into slices. Peel potatoes and dice. Peel and slice garlic cloves.
- Heat a pot on medium and add a tablespoon of olive oil. When heated, add sliced leek and stir-fry for a minute, until the leeks turn a bright green color. Then, add diced potatoes and garlic slices. Cook for another minute or two, stirring regularly to make sure the vegetables do not stick to the pot, then add vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add bay leaf and chopped parsley and cook until the potatoes turn soft. If needed, add more water while cooking.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove the bay leaf and puree with a stick blender until creamy. If the soup is too thick, add more water and blend quickly to combine. Taste the soup and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.