Creamy Dates & Nuts
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
July 3rd, 2019
Packed with tons of essential minerals and cancer fighting anti-oxidants, Dates are a delicious and nutritious choice for a quick snack. Try this creative recipe with creme fraiche, orange zest, and nuts to really make your mouth water!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 5 Mins Yields: 1 Serving
- 3 medjool dates
- 3 roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1-2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Grated lemon or orange zest
- A few roughly chopped pistachios
- Make a clean cut to open the date and remove any pits.
- Stuff each date with 1 almond.
- On a plate or platter, arrange the dates in a row. Layer the creme fraiche on top of each date.
- Grate the lemon or orange zest as well as the chopped pistachios.