Caramel Apple Breakfast Bars
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 31st, 2018
These Salted Caramel Apple Breakfast Bars taste like eating dessert for breakfast…but they’re good for you too! Vegan, Gluten Free, & Refined Sugar-Free.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup instant or rolled outs
- 2 apples, grated
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine the Oat Flour, Oats, Maca Powder, Baking Powder, and Salt together in a large bowl. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Grate 2 Apples into a small bowl. You can choose to peel them if you’d like, but I kept the skin on. Keep any “juice” that comes out of the apples while you are grating them as well.
- Add the Dates, Tahini, Chia Seeds, Plant Milk, and Vanilla Extract to a In a food processor or high speed blender. Process until smooth, scraping the sides of the machine if necessary.
- Next, add the Grated Apple and Date Mixtures to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Place the batter into a lined or greased 9×9″ pan, then bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before slicing. Store any leftovers in a loosely sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for up to 8.