Caprese Chicken Kebabs
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 27th, 2018
What better way to get the grill going on Canada Day than with these festively coloured and delicious Caprese Chicken Kebabs!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: Serves 5 Cook Time: 8 – 12 Mins
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package mozzarella balls, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp store-bought or homemade balsamic glaze
- 2 cups (40g) slightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (regular or extra virgin)
- If using wooden skewers soak in water at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425° degrees.
- Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers (as pictured above, 4 pieces of chicken and 3 tomatoes per skewer).
- Brush both sides with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken kebabs about 4 – 6 minutes per side until chicken registers 165° in center.
- Meanwhile prepare pesto, in a food processor pulse basil, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic several times until minced.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and with food processor running slowly pour in olive oil.
- Once kebabs have cooked through remove from grill and thread one mozzarella ball onto each end of the skewer, spoon pesto over kebabs and drizzle with amic glaze.