Buckwheat Noodles with Tofu
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
April 3rd, 2019
These noodles will leave your taste buds smiling with a combination of crunchy, salty and sweet flavours. Not only are they delicious, but they also pack a healthy punch, with some crispy tofu for a protein boost and hearty noodles alongside veggies to boot.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15-20 Mins Total Time: 25-30 Mins
- 8 oz soba Noodles
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce • 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tps grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tps sesame seeds
- A few organic sprouts or micro greens to top
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- Begin by Boiling water in a large pot, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, raw local honey, garlic and ginger.
- Using a large bowl, combine noodles, rice wine vinegar mixture, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on medium-high in a separate pan. Allow oil to get hot then add the cubed tofu pieces. Add a light sprinkles of fine sea salt to each piece of tofu while its cooking. You want the Tofu to be lightly browned on all sides so make sure you flip each piece every 30 seconds or so. Alternatively you can just stir them around making sure they’re being flipped on an uncooked side, for about 5 minutes.
- Once tofu is cooked, top each noodle bowl with cooked tofu and a few sprouts or micro-greens and serve.