BBQ Chickpea Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
April 25th, 2018
Hearty, healthy, satisfying, eat your veggies and lick your fingers kind of salad.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 2 Servings Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins
- 1 -19 oz can chickpeas (2 cups), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (two romaine hearts), chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons of ranch dressing
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Add the chickpeas to a saucepan with the BBQ sauce and put over medium heat.
- Let the chickpeas simmer in the sauce for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and sticks to the chickpeas. Remove from heat.
- Divide the lettuce among two large bowls. Then divide all of the vegetable and the BBQ chickpeas on top of the lettuce. Pile each ingredient in its own section so it looks pretty, but you can arrange it however you like.
- Drizzle with creamy vegan ranch dressing and garnish with a wedge of lime.