BBQ Beets and Carrots
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 14th, 2019
This recipe features plenty of root veggies from beets to carrots, which are not only delicious, but packed with Vitamin A and potassium!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- 4 large beets, peeled and sliced like think hockey pucks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into circles
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- half bunch chopped dill
- In a medium bowl, toss the beets and the carrot slices with the sea salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Once removed from BBQ unwrap the foil and add the fresh chopped dill to the cooked beets and carrots.
- Close up the foil with the dill inside and set aside to let the beets and carrots cool a bit. Doing this will “sweat” the dill and infuse some flavor. Do this for 3 minutes.