Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
July 11th, 2018
A signature sauce from Bonefish Grill, Bang Bang Sauce on Shrimp Tacos make an already excellent meal even better. With it’s sweet and spicy taste, it punches you with some heat but doesn’t overwhelm the senses. It’s the perfect blend!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbs Sriracha
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2-3 tbs cornstarch
- 1 lb medium/large pre-cooked shrimp, shells and tails removed, deveined (can buy already like this), defrosted
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage blend (I like green/purple or red)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
Bang Bang Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a jar or bowl, whisk until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Shrimp
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat until the temperature reaches 375° degrees (it should NOT be smoking).
- Make sure the shrimp are dry (pat dry with paper towels if needed). Coat with cornstarch. Add shrimp carefully to the oil, fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. You may need to flip or stir the shrimp if they aren’t fully submerged in the oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add a bit of sauce to the shrimp and toss lightly to coat.
- Warm corn tortilla shells. Place a bit of cabbage down on the bottom of the shell, then add shrimp, a little more cabbage, tomatoes, and green onion. Top with bang bang sauce. Serve immediately.