Asian Quinoa Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
March 28th, 2018
This Healthy Asian Quinoa Salad Is Filled With Colorful Vegetables And Finished With A Simple Asian Dressing.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
Note: Make sure you use tamari for a gluten-free salad, not all soy sauce is gluten-free.