10-Minute Maple-Crusted Salmon
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
February 20th, 2018
Simple enough for fast family dinners but so stunningly tasty you’ll be eager to share it for special occasions too.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons raw brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, paprika, sugar, and salt.
- Generously sprinkle the chili powder mixture evenly over the tops of the salmon fillets.
- Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet and broil for 6-9 minutes, depending on how thick your fillets are and how crispy you prefer the crust.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and brush the maple syrup over the tops to coat the spice rub. Return to the oven and broil for an additional 1-2 minutes until the maple syrup is bubbling and has formed a crust. Serve immediately.